dose. And that's sort of it with poinsettia. If you eat enough, you'll become ill, but the typical poinsettia exposures that we encounter, whether they're, you know, being contacted by the sap from a bract or the leaf or ingesting some, really don't amount to anything. I always choose to call them sort of a glass of milk for the child, a tincture of reassurance for the parent. Puma Fenty Black Gold Dr. KRENZELOK: Well, you know, mistletoe has been called the kiss of death, but there's a European variety and an American variety. And the American variety has very little toxicity associated with it when it's ingested in small amounts.
a problem. FLATOW: So, all that advice to give anybody kids ipecac and make them throw it all up is bad advice?Dr. KRENZELOK: Well, it really is. And you Puma Creepers Velvet Pink
know, we abandoned ipecac in formally in 1997.
I think the biggest hazard with mistletoe would be, when you buy mistletoe and there are plastic berries attached to it, if the berries happen to fall on the floor, I think they pose more of a choking hazard for a child. And then holly berries are very attractive and they're red and enticing to a small child, but if you ingest enough of them, yes, you may have some stomach discomfort and so on. But typically kids ingest small amounts and it doesn't present Puma Velvet Creepers Restock
a patient. So, even if someone ingests a large amount of some medication, we never use ipecac anymore because it just doesn't change patient outcome. FLATOW: Wow. Is today or this holiday season, is it a particularly busy day at the poison control center?Dr. KRENZELOK: Well, not any more so than any other time. I think children are attracted to a lot of the nuisances that may be under a Christmas tree, so there may be choking hazards from small parts that are from toys.
And so, while it makes you vomit, there's no evidence out there that shows that it changes the outcome of Puma Creepers All Colors
It may be a situation where there's some perfume or cologne or some hand lotion or something that someone received that a child might accidentally get in their eyes, on their s.